Sunday 20 May 2012

Jaeger Boutique: New Vintage or Nostalgic Reflection?

Over the past few months, I have come to love Jaeger. Previously it just seemed like one of those luxury brands to look but not touch because of it's mumsy corporate suits and plain dresses and as I type this I'm thinking, is it really possible for someone who loves vintage to choose such a brand?

Apparently, yes.

This is to do with the fact that suddenly, Jaeger has gone all nostalgic and retro with their Jaeger Boutique range, just take a look at this:


Is this a vintage 1940s tea dress or just a retro copy?


Yes, it really is what it looks like!

That's not to say, though, that this is the only piece in their collection worthy of an award for reproducing such authenticity, just look at this truly gorgeous 60s style jacket:


  
This says: BUY ME!

Everything about this jacket says: Mad Men or Pan Am (whichever is your favourite!) in fact, I'm pretty sure I have seen something very similar on one of the shows! I have been looking at this jacket for a long time, I would love to be able to afford to buy it, but as an apprentice, some things can only be for dreams, although I am keeping an eye on eBay...ah, one day it will be available at a cheaper price.
The skirt that matches is also very pretty, a little bit short unfortunately, so the jacket makes it quite hard to balance in terms of wearing it as a suit.

However, Jaeger's bestseller this season has to be this little beauty:
 





 Jaeger Boutique's 'Maria' Dress

 I have seen this in so many department stores and shops, it must be one of the most stocked dresses in the UK at the moment. I think Jaeger have done really well with this, the dimensions are accurate and the style is very flattering, the only thing I don't like is the fabric. It is VERY thick and has an unusual pattern. Apart from that, I really do like this dress! 

I'll be updating my High Street Vintage blogs regularly, so please keep checking!

Holly 
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment